The government of Ondo State has appealed to the workers on the Payment of 80% September salary, adding that it was done by error. This was disclosed in a meeting held with the workers today, as a draft of the resolutions was made available to nigeriancablenews.com
Below are the resolutions in summery;
RE- INTRODUCTION OF PERCENTAGE OR FRACTIONAL SALARY PAYMENT BY ONDO STATE GOVERNMENT: LATEST DEVELOPMENT
Fellow Ondo State Workers It is paramount to inform generality of workers on the latest development with regards to salary of Ondo state workers. After a meeting with the representatives of the state government ably led by the Deputy Governor, Honourable Agboola Ajayi which was held today Monday 21st August, 2017 at the Cocoa conference hall, Governor's office, Alagbaka, Akure, the following resolutions were made:
1) Ondo State government purveyed that the 80% of September 2016 salary arrears was paid in error and that however, the balance of 20% would be paid as soon as possible. Being the first time of proposition of such idea with plea by this government and in the expression of our support to the government, the organized labour decided to give the government the benefit of doubt.
2) On the issue of fractional/percentage payment salary to the workers, the Ondo state government allayed the fears of Ondo states workers and promised categorically that such form of payment would not be implemented in Ondo state.
3) The government also reiterated that salaries, subventions and pensions shall always be paid as at when due.
4) The temerarious outburst of Dr Doyin Odebowale, Senior Special Assistant, Special Duties & Strategy; on the social media was strongly condemned and regretted specifically by the Deputy Governor who presided over the meeting and promised that such would not repeat itself as he tendered apology for this misrepresentation. He also added that Dr Doyin Odebowale would pass through a series of lessons to remould him to become a cultured entity in the government of Arakunrin.
5) In view of all of the above, the planned actions by the organized labour waiting to be executed are hereby placed on hold till further notice.
6) The organized labour leaders specially appreciate the Ondo State government for her bravery and understanding, not forgetting also the unalloyed supports and solidarity of our teaming members and our sympathizers in the state.